Saturday, October 11, 2008

new blog, new life

Beginnings:

Three weeks ago I picked up my 84 Raleigh 12 speed road bike at the shop. I had to put new tires and tubes on it since the old ones were so rotten. The chain was frozen by rust and replaced. The bike shop guys seemed to look at me in such disbelief as I told them I was getting it ready to ride. I felt like a museum piece. I tried to explain: 'This is my only bike. I bought this at age 24 'cause I was too poor to get one as a kid. ' Nothing worked. I paid my money and left. I was fifty one years old and at least 40 pounds overweight.

One thing I do have though is determination. Your life is how you live. I want to live a very full life.

No comments: